Under Khadi & Village Industries Sector in the country there are about more than fifteen thousand sales outlets as well as production centres through out India and Khadi & Village Industries
The main aim of the board is to generate employment in the National Capital Territory of Delhi specially in the rural area.
Subject to the provisions of the Himachal Pradesh KVI Board Act, the function of the Board shall generally be to plan, organise and implement programmes for the development of Khadi and Village Industries.
In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of the Himachal Pradesh KVI Board Act, the Board may take such steps as it thinks fit :
- To promote, encourage and assist in the development of khadi and village industries and to carry on trade or business in the products of such industries.
- To provide work to persons who have been professionally engaged in khadi and village industries.
- To grant loans to individuals, societies or institutions engaged in village industries on such terms as may be prescribed.
- To encourage establishment of co-operative societies in khadi and village industries.
- To conduct training centers with a view to impart the necessary skill and knowledge for carrying on khadi and village industries.
- To manufacture tools and implements and to arrange supply of such tools and implements and raw materials in order to secure development of khadi and village industries.
- To conduct publicity and propaganda and organise marketing of finished products of khadi and village industries by opening stores, shops, emporia and exhibitions.
- To undertake and encourage research with a view to improve the quality and marketability of khadi and the products of village industries.
- To collect statistics relating to khadi and village industries from such person or persons as may be prescribed and to publish the statistics so collected.
- To carry out any other matter which may be prescribed.
In order to achieve its various objectives and functions, the Board has been receiving financial assistance only from two sources:-
- Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi under different plan schemes through the Industries Deptt.
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Govt. of India provides funds for there various schemes being implemented in Delhi.
The Board is undertaking the following activities :-
- To act as implementing agency of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Govt. of India schemes in Delhi. The beneficiaries of KVI Schemes are individuals, Industrial Cooperative Societies and institutions registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- To implement Govt. of Delhi employment generation scheme.
- To undertake various motivational activities for creating awareness among the public in respect of the schemes of the Board by way of propaganda, advertisement in newspapers, holding & participating in the exhibitions etc. To evaluate the feasibility of projects, monitoring of units funded by the Board and recoveries of loan.
- Effecting recoveries from the beneficiaries and its repayment to KVIC and Govt. of Delhi in r/o the schemes implemented by the Board.
- To provide marketing platform to the small entrepreneurs assisted and financed by KVIC/ Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board by organizing exhibitions of various levels to promote the sales of khadi and village industries products in Delhi and make them popular among the masses.
To achieve the functions, Board take the following actions
The Board implements KVIC Scheme in the U.T. of Delhi. Khadi & Village Industries Commission, Govt. of India provides funds for the implementation of its scheme. In order to implement this scheme, the Board takes the following actions:-
- To sanction and disburse loan to the beneficiaries under Village Industries scheme under the schedule of KVIC Act. The beneficiaries for KVI schemes are the individuals, Industrial Co-opreative societies and Institutions regd. under SR Act 1860.
- Effecting recoveries from the beneficaries and its repayment to KVIC.
- Spot verifications of the units to check the proper utilisation of Financial assistance given to the beneficiaries under schemes.
- To undertake various motivational activities for creating awareness among public in respect of the schemes of the Board by way of propaganda, publicity, holding and participating in the exhibition etc. and Monitoring, evaluation and planning of the various schemes in accordance with the guidelines of KVIC and Govt. of Delhi.
- Making arrangement or assisting in the marketing of the products of the beneficiaries by way of recommendation to KVIC sale emporia and other Govt. sales outlets and encourage their participation in the exhibition.
- Organize exhibitions of various levels to promote sales of Khadi and Village Industries products in Delhi and make them popular among masses.
The Marketing Activities of the Board include sales outlets of various items under the Khadi & Village Sector. These items range from Khadi Silks to Soaps, Leather Goods, Chappals & Shoes to Agarbatti, Honey, Masalas, Steel Almirahs to High Technology items like Computers. The Board is at present having two Sales Outlet at the following places:-
(Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi)
Ground Floor, 419, Udyog Sadan,
F.I.E., Patpar Ganj,